Be Confident in Your Fremont Chimney Services by Choosing Old Smokey’s
Although small in population, Fremont – situated in Steuben County, Indiana – boasts a range of activities for residents and visitors to enjoy.
For one, the town is near Pokagon State Park, which offers any outdoor enthusiasts – or families looking for a day of fun – endless opportunities for hiking, fishing, boating, and camping. Or, if you’re not so much of an outdoor cat, check out The Outlet Shoppes at Fremont.
History buff? Delve into the town’s past at the Fremont Historical Society. Loving dining out? There are plenty of local restaurants to check out. Additionally, golf courses, local events, and a great library contribute to the town’s charm.
Or if the weather is cold, rainy, or snowy, there’s always the option to stay and relax by your fireplace. Just make sure it’s in tip-top shape by hire our team of experts to look things over annually. Ready to get started? Give us a call or book online with us now.
What Can We Help You With?
Our chimney sweep & fireplace repair services include:
How Can I Make My Fireplace More Energy Efficient?
Improving the energy efficiency of your fireplace involves a combination of proper maintenance, upgrades, and mindful burning practices. Here are some tips to make the most of your fireplace experience:
- Upgrade to an insert. Fireplace inserts are sealed units that fit into your existing fireplace, and they can significantly improve efficiency by directing more heat into the room. They also reduce heat lost up the chimney.
- Check your damper. Ensure that the fireplace damper is tightly sealed when not in use. And if it’s not, invest in repairs promptly – or consider upgrading to a top-sealing damper.
- Burn the proper fuel. Wood-burning system? Use only well-seasoned firewood, as it burns more efficiently and produces more heat. Seasoned wood has lower moisture content, leading to cleaner burns and less creosote buildup.
- Invest in regular chimney services. Schedule regular chimney inspections and cleanings with a team of professional technicians – like us – to ensure all is working well and your flue is free of buildup.
- Don’t put off necessary repairs. Is your chimney in need of some professional repair work? Don’t neglect it! The longer you wait, the worse things will become – and the more expensive they’ll be to address.
We’re Eager To Serve You Soon
Our specialists are prepared and eager to conduct inspections, cleanings, repairs, rebuilds, or updates for your chimney and fireplace system in Angola, Orland, Hudson, Ashley, Hamilton, Clear Lake, Pleasant Lake, Steuben, Waterloo, Coldwater, and more. If you’re in our service area, now is the time to reach out.
Call us at 260-587-9691 to connect with a team member or conveniently request an appointment online.