Keep Your Chimney Working Safely & Efficiently With Regular Chimney Sweeping Services!
When you light up your fireplace, stove, or insert, you want to be able to relax and enjoy the warmth and ambiance it provides, without worry. Professional chimney sweeping services can give you the peace of mind you need to do just that. The professionals here at Old Smokey’s are certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) and have been providing quality, mess-free chimney sweeping services to the residents of northern Indiana, northeastern Ohio, and south-mid Michigan for decades.
Ready to get started with us? Using specialized tools, tarps, and lots of care, our sweeps remove soot, creosote, and flue blockages to get you ready for another one of Fort Wayne’s cold, long winters. Call now or book with us online today.
About Our Chimney Sweep Process
Here’s what you can expect during the sweeping process when you hire our experts.
- We lay tarps out in front of the fireplace to insure that your carpet doesn’t get dirty, and then set up a high-speed dust collector to make sure that no soot gets into your home.
- We sweep the inside of your chimney, from the firebox floor to the chimney top.
- We clean, inspect and adjust the damper and damper assembly.
- We use brushes on rods to sweep the flue, hand brushes for the firebox and smoke chamber, and a vacuum with a triple layer HEPA filter to control dust.
- After doing all this, we do a visual inspection of the outside of the chimney, checking the mortar work, brickwork, and crown. Any damage or needed repairs we find are documented on video or with digital photos that can be sent to you.
- When we are through we will leave with you a copy of the written evaluation.
Why You Need To Have Your Chimney Swept
Regardless of fuel type, your appliance produces byproducts that can build up along your flue and other chimney and appliance components. Not only that, but animals can get in your chimney and build messy nests. Scheduling regular chimney inspections and sweepings can help you keep your chimney free of these things, so that you can enjoy your fireplace and chimney to the fullest for the long haul.
What Is Creosote? Why Is It Dangerous?
Creosote is a black or brown tar-like substance that can accumulate in the chimney or flue of a wood fireplace or wood-burning stove. As your fires burn, they produce fumes and smoke – and when these vapors cool at the top of your flue, they condense, and stick to your chimney. Thus, creosote is formed.
Now, clearly you don’t want anything in your flue that could possibly obstruct it, but this isn’t the only reason creosote is something to be avoided. Creosote is also highly flammable, and if a significant amount of creosote builds up in the chimney, it can cause a chimney fire. Chimney fires are known for causing extensive damage, and because they typically occur quietly, homeowners might not even know they’ve experienced once, thus increasing the threat.
This is why booking chimney sweep services on a regular basis is so imperative – to mitigate these potential hazards.
Why Trust Us?
We have over 40 years of experience, and have swept tens of thousands of chimneys for countless satisfied customers. We’re dedicated to keeping our neighbors warmer and safer, and we promise to provide you with the highest level of customer service and care possible.
With us in your home, you can be confident that the entire sweeping process will be mess-free and that you’ll be taken care of. And if we spot damages or other issues? Well, we’re trained to handle those too.
Don’t Delay – Call On Us Soon
Don’t put off this very important service – call us at 260-587-9691 or schedule your chimney sweeping appointment online today.